By: Andrew S. Prince, Esq.
Contact Me for a Free Consultation!
While riding motorcycles may be our passion, it is an unfamiliar method of transportation to the majority of the public. Commonly, motorcycle accidents result in serious injuries. Operating a motorcycle on the roadways requires safety measures, especially in New Jersey.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents occur as a result of the following:
- Inexperience. It is important for a motorcyclist to have formal training and safety education prior to operating the motorcycle, especially on major highways or in heavy traffic conditions.
- Weather. Factors such as rain, sleet, snow, and ice can lead to serious accidents. Motorcycles have less traction than an automobile and should not be driven in poor weather conditions.
- Speed. Speed is a contributing factor in most motorcycle accidents. Traveling at a high rate of speed may cause the operator to lose control of the motorcycle. Given the lack of physical protection, these accidents can be fatal.
- Left Turns or Weaving Between Lanes. Automobile drivers may have a hard time seeing an approaching motorcycle, especially if the operator is speeding. If a driver misjudges a motorcyclist’s distance, he or she may merge or turn into the person. It is important for a motorcyclist to always be aware of his or her surroundings.
- Alcohol or Drugs. Alcohol and drugs should never be used when operating any vehicle, but especially not a motorcycle. Operating a motorcycle under the influence will affect a person’s cognitive and physical abilities.
- Road Conditions. Unsafe road conditions provide less traction for the motorcycle. Hitting a pothole, sand or gravel can cause the motorcyclist to fall or drift off course into incoming traffic. Doing tricks while operating a vehicle not only poses a risk of injury to the motorcycle operator but to all motorists on the road.
While motorcyclists must take extra precautions on the road, the majority of the accidents occur as a result of another driver’s negligence. If you or someone you love has been injured in a New Jersey motorcycle accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, contact me, Andrew S. Prince, so that I may assist you in receiving the compensation you deserve.
I am a skilled New Jersey motorcycle accident attorney who will fight for the compensation you deserve. For more information or to schedule a free initial consultation with Andrew Prince, call (732) 388-5454 or visit my website (www.motorcycleinjurynj.com) first to further review my qualifications to help you.
You can contact me here at 1-800-TEAM-LAW (800) 832-6529. You can also email me at [email protected] or fax me at (732) 428-1509. There is never a charge for a consultation. I am here to help you.
Andrew S. Prince, Esq.
136 Central Avenue
Clark, NJ 07066
1 (800) 832-6529
(732) 388-8711 — Fax
Additional Offices in New Jersey
Edison, East Brunswick, Jersey City,
Newark, Orange, Perth Amboy, Westfield
and West New York